Captain Anelito Gabisan, Public Information Officer of the PCG-District Central Visayas, said they are targeting to hire more than 1,000 personnel every year. He also said they plan to double their recruitment in the next five years so they would reach an average of 25,000 personnel.
“Kulang na man talaga lahat pati sa PNP (Philippine National Police) kahit sa AFP (Armed Forces of the Philippines) and we need more personnel,” Gabisan told The FREEMAN in a phone interview back in 2012.
The PCG currently has almost 5,000 personnel.
|Photo credits : http://jsotf-p.blogspot.com/|
- Candidates must be a natural born Filipino
- Good Moral Character
- 18 - 26 years old for NON-OFFICER
- 21 - 26 years old for OFFICER
- 5'0 for both Male and Female applicants
- Physically and Mentally Fit for Training
- At least 72 Units or with two years TESDA training relevant to shipboard assignment in College for Non-Officer
- Baccalaureate Degree holder for Officer and with skills
- Relevant to the functions of Coast Guard
- For those interested in a commissioned officer’s position, applicants should be a PRC license holder or owns a Civil Service eligibility upon application.
- NSO Birth Certificate (Certified True Copy)
- Transcript of Records (TOR), (Certified True Copy)
- Diploma (Certified True Copy)
- 2x2 ID Picture (White Background)
- 1 Long White Folder
- Blue Ballpen
- Application forms must be submitted personally by the applicant to the designated PCG recruitment center for initial screening and actual examination day.
- On the day of the examinations, prospective applicants are instructed to come in casual attire, bringing with them a ballpen and a pencil as well as the initial requirements like the NSO issued Birth Certificate, Transcript of Records, Diploma, 2 pieces of 2x2 ID pictures and PRC license for those who aspire to the commissioned officers position.
- Those who pass the initial screening are to take the PCG Aptitude Test, and those who pass, can be a step closer to realizing their dreams.
You may apply at the following Coast Guard Districts
Coast Guard District National Capital Region-Central Luzon (CGDNCR-CL)
Muelle Dela Industria, Farola Compound, Binondo, Manila
Telephone: (02) 243-0474 / 243-0465 / 245-7056
Coast Guard District Central Eastern Visayas (CGDCEV)
Address: Arellano Boulevard,Cebu City
Telephone: (032) 416-6208
Coast Guard District South Western Mindanao (CGDSWM)
Address: Port Area, Zamboanga City
Telephone: (062) 993-1004
Coast Guard District Palawan (CGDPAL)
Address: Barangay Liwanag, Port Area, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
Telephone: (048) 433-2974
Coast Guard District Southern Tagalog (CGDSTL)
Address: Sta. Clara, Batangas City
Telefax: (043) 300-2949
Coast Guard District Western Visayas (CGDWV)
Address: Bo. Obrero, Iloilo City
Telefax: (033) 337-6029
Coast Guard District Northern Luzon (CGDNLZ)
Address: Poro Point, San Fernando City, La Union
Telefax: (072) 700-4474
Coast Guard District South Eastern Mindanao (CGDSEM)
Address: KM -10 Sasa Wharf, Davao City
Telefax: (082) 235-0002
Coast Guard District Bicol (CGDBCL)
Address: Naval Base Rawis, Legaspi City
Telefax: (052) 820-6346
Coast Guard District Northern Mindanao (CGDNM)
Address: Corrales Extension, Macabalan, Cagayan De Oro, City
Telefax: (088) 231-6634
For more information about careers on Philippine Coast Guard please visit this link: