The Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary is the civilian support group of the Philippine Coast Guard which was established in 1972.
Although a volunteer, civilian organization, the PCGA uses a military structure for organizational purposes. Like other volunteer sea rescue oraganizations around the world, it performs non-military and non-police activities in support of its national navy or coast guard. This endeavor includes search and rescue, environmental protection, disaster relief, community service, and marine safety.
The PGCA also invloves in other activities that enhance maritime community relations which include civic action and youth development through the National Service Training Program (NSTP), and other related activities.
Almost without exception all activities are "Coast based", so no special 'Sea Training" is required.
The Philippine coastguard welcomes every interested Citizen or Resident Foreigner as volunteers.
Are you interested to join the PCGA? Below are the checklist of guidelines, requirements, and important details.
1) Membership in the PCGA shall be on a voluntary basis.
2) The District Directors, PCGA, with the District Commodore, PCGA, shall evaluate and recommend to DCPCG the acceptance of prospective volunteer members to PCGA after satisfying the basic membership requirements.
3) The PCGA ranks and positions/designations that will be occupied by the prospective member shall be determined based on his/her qualifications and in accordance with the criteria set in the PCGA Regulations Manual and PCGA Table of Organization.
4) The promotion of officers shall be thoroughly evaluated by the National Executive Group (NEG) for endorsement via chain of command for the approval of the Commandant, Philippine Coast Guard (CPCG), while that of the ratings shall be done at the Coast Guard District level by the District Commander.
1) Membership in the PCGA is open to citizens of the Philippines, 18 years or older, in the PCGA Enlisted Rank, and 23 years or older in the PCGA Officers Rank provided that they own a facility related to the Maritime Industry or have special training to qualify for PCGA Membership on any of the PCGA maritime functions
2) PCGA membership is open to members of the Armed Forces and the other uniformed services and their Reserved Components provided that they are in the inactive status in the AFP.
3) Retired military personnel may join any PCGA organization. They shall be appointed in the PCGA with their corresponding ranks when they retired from the AFP; for officers holding ranks higher than the National Commodore, subject officers shall be appointed with the rank corresponding to the highest PCGA rank.
4.Foreigner applicant should be also above 18 years old and he is a permanent Resident of a least one year in the Philippines.
Foreigners and Philippine citizens have to bring NBI clearance, Foreigners in addition I-card and Passport copies. Further Investigations will be made and the Person has to agree upon this in his application form.
5.The Applicant then will have to undergo an orientation and training seminars(s) and purchase their Uniform, which will be tailored to the standard.
6. After all requirements are fullfilled and all mandatory Seminars and Trainings are passed, the candidate will then be sworn in. (Standard Oathtaking ceremony for anyone, active Soldiers from other countries may have to get a Permission for this, please do not forget this )
1) All members shall be assessed annual membership dues in accordance with the following schedules to be submitted to the National Auxiliary Fund:
Flag Rank = P2000.00
Field Grade = P500.00
Company Grade = P250.00
Ratings = P50.00
2) Inductees are required to pay the Induction Fee. This fee will pay for the place and food during the Induction Ceremony. The amount varies on different induction ceremonies.
3) Members are expected to provide their own uniforms. The specifications of the PCGA Uniforms are found in the PCGA Regulations Manual.
All applicants may be considered for initial enrollment provided that the applicant meets all eligibility requirements for enrollment and must, prior to induction, without fail, attend the PCGA indoctrination / seminar to be conducted by the PCG officers or as directed by the Commandant PCG.
1)Fill up the application form. (Print the application form. Reproduction of this form is also encouraged.)
2)Bring two 2 x 2 Pictures.
3)Machine Copy of credentials (licenses, certifications, awards, etc.)
* Submit these requirements at 419 W. Burke St. Sta.Cruz, Manila, Philippines. The 109th PCGA Squadron Office is located inside the Philippine Maritime Institute (PMI) Colleges Main Building.
In the Cebu region there are several Squadrons one may can apply:
201st - CebuCity.
202nd- Mactan island
There are squadron allover the country with nth thousands of volunteers.Ask the Coastguard at the nearby Port or Pier where your next Squadron one is located.
Sources : CDR Guenther Vomberg ( PCGA) / PCGA 109 / PCGA119